The Idaho Real Estate Commission changed the requirements for real estate licensees in Idaho effective July 1, 2014. Even though we are nearing the 1-year anniversary of those changes, there are still a lot of questions about what is required and when things need to be done.
Let’s talk the basics – if you are already licensed and have renewed your license at least once already, your education requirements are simple:
- 2 core courses from different years and
- 12 elective CE.
Not too different from the past.
If it is your very first time renewing your license, your requirements are significantly different. You are required to complete very specific courses in order to renew your license:
- 2 core courses from different years,
- 1 8-hour “Post License Fundamentals” course, and
- Your choice of 1 of the following 4-hour post license electives:
- 1) Pricing, Marketing and Advertising,
- 2) Professionalism, Negotiations, and Closings, or
- 3) Introduction to Commercial Real Estate.
While the requirements are easy to accomplish, it does require some planning and scheduling. Not all courses are available at the same time, and if you wait until the very end of the month, you may not find any available courses at all!
That’s my education update! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!